Tuesday 31 December 2019

Week 3 | Day 3 | Activity 2: Printing Prosthetics

Something I Have Learnt: Something that I have learnt from the video about 3D printing prosthetic is that the prosthetic hands are body driven with no motors, sensors and no heavy batteries which makes it very light for kids who have Amniotic Band Syndrome. 

Something That Surprised Me: Something that has surprised me from watching this video is that there are amazing prosthetic hands for kids with the syndrome to actually hold and grab things like a normal hand which is shocking and awesome.

This week for day 3, activity 2 of week 3 for SLJ, we watched a video about 3D printed prosthetic hands. 3D printed prosthetics are artificial body parts. We wrote down something that we have learnt and something that surprised us from watching the video. This activity was based on a man, Chuck Hull, who invented the first ever 3D printer.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Sakina! You are doing great with the Summer Learning Journey. These blog posts are always up to standard, and I really enjoy reading them. I liked this activity because we're able to take a closer look at what is going on and how these volunteers are helping groups of people. I agree with everything you had to say, and I think that they are doing some amazing things for people. What do you think it's like for children with prosthetic limbs? Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on posting and continuing to participate in the SLJ this year. What could you do to be a prosthetic changemaker Sakina? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahiahi Mārie Sakina,

    My name is Kueni and I am one of the blog commenters for the summer learning journey. I am from the ako hiko cluster and thought i'd pop over to your blog this afternoon.

    Ka pai for sharing the information about what you learned and what surprised you from watching the video about 3-D printers in relation to printing prosthetics. I watched the video earlier this week and I learned so many new things.


    Did you know very much about 3-D printing or prosthetics before you did this activity today?

    Ngā Mihi,
    Kueni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sakina,
    I also like what Chuck Hull is doing to help people that are missing limbs. I think that it is great that he is helping out people that aren't able to afford full price prosthetics. Do you know anything else about Chuck Hull and his willingness to help people? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.