Thursday 5 December 2019

Maniakalani Leader Speech

This week we wrote our leadership speeches. There are 3 leader roles, which are Manaiakalani, Head and Sports leader. For this speech I decided to go for Manaiakalani leader for 2020. A manaiakalani leader is someone who represents our school and present's digital learning to different people around the cluster. In my speech I wrote about why I should become manaiakalani, what a leader is and the good things about me. After we wrote our speeches, we presented it to Mr. Johnston and Ms. Kirkpatrick. I hope to achieve my goal of becoming a manaiakalani leader, as I tried really hard. 


Why I Should Be Manaiakalani Leader for 2020

Kia Ora, Malo le lei and Greetings ,
My name is Sakina Fayaz and I think I have the abilities of being your Manaiakalani leader for 2020. A few years ago my sister was a Manaiakalani leader and now I want to follow in her footsteps. She has been a great role model for my family and I. I would like to show my family and everyone else that I can take this opportunity and also be a great Manaiakalani leader. My family has always been supporting me throughout different opportunities and expect me to be the best I can in learning. Our leaders have been great role models, but now it’s my turn to become a role model to younger children. What is a leader? Well to me, I think that a leader is someone who motivates and helps others and does whatever is possible to make the community better for them. Throughout the year I have been working digitally with completing work. For example, on my blog I recently have 879 blog posts of work I have completed throughout the past few years, including the winter and summer learning journey activities I have done. I have earned my respect badge and have showed CARE values which show teachers and others that I have pride in our school. I have showcased presentations not only to classes, but also to the Manaiakalani cluster and have the confidence to share my learning with others. Everyday my confidence has been boosted up from learning and presenting different DLO’s, which is what a leader needs.I am trustworthy, reliable and respectful to my teachers and students and I would like to convince you too! Being a leader isn’t about controlling a group of people, but it also means having the respect, courage, responsibility and showing leadership. I can step up and be a great Manaiakalani Leader and I would inspire others to enjoy learning. I can be a representative leader of our school and present any digital learning showcases to many people around our cluster. I can represent our school as the best digital learning school. I am an agent of change! Becoming a Manaiakalani leader would be a big opportunity not only for me but also for my family and the rest of the students. Becoming Manaiakalani leader for 2020 would be the right fit for me and I can be a great role model for our school!
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.