Sunday 15 December 2019

Day 1 | Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa



This week for day 1, activity 2 of SLJ, we created a DLO about our cultural background. Before we created the DLO, we learnt about Kupe and Abel Tasman. Kupe was a Polynesian who used his skills to navigate his way to different Island. Abel Tasman was a dutch from the Netherlands. They both had common things even though they were different cultures. After we learnt about Kupe and Abel Tasman, we created the DLO about our background. My cultural background is Afghanistan. In this activity I included facts about my cultural background, one of my celebration and things about my background.

5 comments:

  1. Hi sakina I like how you have talk about you Afghanistan background and explain what have you done .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Sakina

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post about where you come from and your background. Something that was interesting to me from your DLO was how you guys celebrate Edi cause that is something different and new that l have never heard of before and it fun to read about. Great Job and Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Sakina,

    It’s me again, Mani! Thank you for sharing your cultural background, I think it is totally awesome that you and your family were born in a range of different places! I was born in Tonga and some of my siblings were born here in New Zealand too. Ooo what is Jalebi made out of?

    Wow, there are so many people in Afghanistan, I learned quite a bit from the facts that you provided! Also I think that you presented your DLO in such an amazing way, I love how creative you are with your titles and pictures. I am super impressed that you have remembered to add attributions for each of your images as well, well done!

    Keep up the great work Sakina :)

    Nga mihi,

    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sakina! This was a great presentation about your culture. I've learnt a few things about you and Afghanistan, like you said, the many celebrations on the Islamic calendar. This was really interesting, especially the fact page. What are some of your favorite things about your culture? I'm Tongan, and I would have to say our celebrations, food, and dances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sakina,
    I like your presentation about your country Afghanistan. I think the facts and information that you have collected are great. I found all of it interesting, especially the part where you said Afghanistan has a population of over 35 million people. That's way bigger than New Zealand. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.