Monday 30 December 2019

Week 3 | Day 2 | Activity 2: Overcoming Adversity

Challenge That I Have Overcame: A challenge that I have experienced and overcame was when I did the activity, high beam. I am sort of afraid of heights. When I reached to the top of the high beam I was quite scared and nervous. As I walked on it I felt less scared and less nervous. This is the challenge I have experienced and have overcame my fear of heights. 

This week for day 2, activity 2 of week 3 for SLJ, we wrote about a time that we or someone that we know has experienced a challenge and overcame it. This was based on Stephan Hawking. He was an English scientist who was diagnosed with a disease called Motor Neuron. Stephan Hawking was interested in studying the origin of the universe. He was a great person and didn't let his disease stop him from achieving his dreams. For this activity I decided to recount about me experiencing a challenge that I have overcame. The challenge that I have overcame was high beam, as I am quite scared of heights.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Sakina!

    I enjoyed reading the work you have done! Although I do not have aerophobia (a fear of heights) I would agree with you. I am scared of the high beam but for a different reason, which is that I am afraid that I will fall off the beam. Did you enjoy this activity? I also did this activity. I think it is good that you overcame your fear of heights!

    Good Job Sakina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sakina! I think facing your fears is definitely one way to over-come them, like as you shown in this activity. I really enjoyed reading how someone else felt on the beam, because I was also pretty nervous inside. Though I didn't let that get to me, and I ended up doing great. Would you say this was also an accomplishment for you? Superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the narrative you shared about being brave... sometimes being brave can be fun too, I'm glad you enjoyed the courage you showed! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sakina,

    That's Awesome! I'm so proud you faced your fear and discovered that giving it a go and overcoming that fear makes it seem less scary, this is true about most things in live that make us nervous.

    I don't really like heights either but what I get really nervous about is entering new social situations and getting to know strangers as part of a new group. It's something I have to do pretty often now that I'm an adult but even though I'm still kinda shy till I get comfortable, I've actually gotten a lot better at it over the years. (like 3 years, I'm not that old).

    Great posts Sakina. See you in the comments.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sakina!
    Great Job on this activity! I think you have done a great job because it was nicely detailed. Good luck for the results of the SLJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sakina,
    I like the blog post that you have created on how you manage to overcome your fear of heights. I also don't like heights and it is great that you conquered your fear. Are there any other fears that you have managed to overcome? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.