Thursday 12 December 2019

Activity 3: Choose your own


This week for day 5, activity 3, for teaser week of SLJ, we created a DLO about an inventor, technologist or a scientist. Taheesha and I decided to create a DLO about Keith Alexander. Keith Alexander is a mechanical engineer and invented the spring free trampolines. In our DLO, we included the name of the person, a description of the work he did and an explanation of how his work has an impact on others. This was our last week of the teaser week for SLJ. Next week we will start the SLJ activities worth of points. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sakina,

    My name is Leisha Ferguson and I am with the Summer Learning Journey. I live in Auckland and I am part of the team that will be commenting on student blog posts over the summer :).

    It is great to see that you and Taheesha have worked together to create this poster about Keith Alexander. I have also commented on Taheesha’s post and mentioned that I enjoyed reading your post because I didn’t know much about him so it was great to learn some facts about who he was and what he invented. I think it is an amazing invention. I remember being a kid and hurting myself on the springs of the old style trampolines. They weren’t fun, especially if you got you hair or skin caught in the springs. I think the new style spring-free trampolines are so much safer but still just as fun :)

    I really hope you have been enjoying the teaser week activities. I am excited for week 1 of the Summer Learning to start on Monday 16th December. I hope you will blog with us over the summer.

    Leisha
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.