Tuesday 8 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey|Fabulous Flora|Weaving a Tall Tale...

I have tried flax weaving before and it was fun. I'd love to try flax weaving once again, because you can create lots of cool things. It is very enjoyable. If there wasn't any flax I would cut some strips of paper a use that to weave. Sometime I weave to keep me away from technology.


LI: To tell weather we would like to try to flax weaving or not. This week for day 2, activity 1 of week 2 of Summer Learning Journey we had to watch a video of somebody weaving a fish that was out of flax. Then we had to tell if we wanted to try flax weaving or not. We also had to tell if it interests us and why or why not.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sakina! It's great to hear you would like to try flax weaving, because I would too and have tried weaving before with paper. What sort of creative things would you creative things would you create out of the flax? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sakina, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's wonderful to see that you've been working really hard during your summer break and completing lots of activities.

    I am pleased to read that you are keen on weaving. You're right, it's a great way to take a break from technology. Children these days are spending far too much time on technology. What sort of things would you like to create with flax? I'd love to have one of those giant, woven flax mats to relax on at the park or at the beach.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sakina,
    Great job on completing this activity! I liked how you said that you'd love to try flax weaving because you could create lots of cool things. I also liked how you said that if you didn't have any flax, you'd use strips of paper. If you could make anything out of flax, what would you make?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.