Friday 10 January 2020

Week 4 | Day 5 | Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop

The Royal Family Performance Review: In my opinion the Royal Family performance was awesome and fantastic. It was very intricate which was amazing. All the performers were working together as a group, and must've practised many times. I didn't see any mistakes or struggles in this performance. There wasn't anything that I didn't like. It was all amazing. Something that stood out in the performance were there costumes. It was neon, bright and suited their choreography and the music. They have definitely deserved the NZ Mega crew 1st place award in 2019. 
Here is the link: Royal Family's Performance 2019

This week for day 5, activity 1 of week 4 for SLJ, we were asked to write a review about the Royal Family performance. First we watched a video of the Royal Family's award winning performance. Then we wrote our review. In our review, we included what we liked about their performance, what the dance crew did well, what they could work on and what we didn't like. We also talked about the dance, dancers, costumes and the music. This activity was based on Parris Goebel, who is a very famous dancer from New Zealand. When Parris was little she loved to dance. She started a girls crew called ReQuest and won a lot of 1st place awards. Later Paris started the Palace Dance studio crew and created 5 more other crews.

4 comments:

  1. I like the use of the word "intricate" in your blog post Sakina - it's very powerful! Perhaps you could remember that particular word and try to incorporate it into your writing at school this year...obviously in context thou! Keep blogging and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!,
      Thank you a lot for this positive feedback. I would definitely use the word "intricate" again in writing. I will make sure that I am being active and positive with my comments.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sakina! This is an outstanding blog post - I've spotted some great detail in your review about the royal family, and your opinion on them. I personally loved their performance! Their dances are always fantastic. I wonder how Parris feels about her award winning dance crews, and the big things she has done with her career. Amazing blog post Sakina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sakina!
    I this blog post you did due to your opinion on the dance. I honestly didnt like the dance as much as you did. What was your favourite part of the dance?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.