Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey|Living On The Edge|Letter To Cousin

Dear Farzana,
Are you having fun, because I am. It's really cold, dry and treeless around here. I've been seeing some animals I didn't know existed. They look amazing. There are a lot of animals that have been migrating and hibernating. The animals here have small tails and ears, which helps them to loose the heat in the coldness. Some of the animals change their coats/colours into white, so that they can blend into winter. Did you know that Tundra comes from a Finnish word tunturi. This actually means barren land. The plants here grow together, so they can be safe/protected from the winds which are icy. Thank you for reading this letter.

Your Sincerely
Sakina.

LI: To write a letter to a family member or a friend about your experience at Tundra. This week for day 5, activity 2 of week 1 of Summer Learning Journey, we had to write a letter to your best friend or a family member. I decided to write a letter to my cousin, Farzana. This activity was worth 4 points. I had a lot of fun writing a letter about my experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sakina!
    I love your letter to your cousin Farzana. I think it is very detailed. I think that she would love the letter. How long did it take to finish writing the letter?
    Keep the great work up! - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sakina,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    Superb work on following the instructions on correctly addressing a letter to someone, great start! I like that you have written your letter to your cousin, Farzana (both of you have really awesome names!). I think I would also choose to write my letter to my cousins because they live in Taiwan and they have never been to New Zealand or anywhere too cold before so I think it would be nice and interesting for them to read.

    This is such a creatively written letter, all the details you have added makes the experience seem so realistic and I feel like I've experienced it myself! The tundra really is a cold place... Do you think you would like to go and visit it? I've never been in actual snow before so I wouldn't know if I could take the cold weather there! I think it would be pretty cool to visit the tundra though.

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.