Sunday 16 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey| Three Fun Facts

LI: To learn facts about New Zealand. For day 1, activity 1 of week 1 of the Summer Learning Journey, we had to find three fun facts about New Zealand. We went on a website called "Tourism NZ website", to find our three fun facts. For this activity we would get four points. I learnt a lot of interesting facts about New Zealand. I had a lot of fun finding out facts about New Zealand.

Top 3 Fun Facts:
1. The Maori name of NZ is Aoetearoa, that means "land of the long white cloud".

2. You have to swear an oath of loyalty to Queen Eliabeth, to be a a New Zealand citizen.

3. In the Southern Hemisphere, the Sky Tower is the tallest freestanding building. It is 328 metres high.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sakina,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! I will be reading and commenting on all your blogs this summer and I can't wait to see the work that you do.

    Thanks for these great NZ facts. I love living in New Zealand because of the beauty of the country. The Sky Tower is such an awesome building, I would love to go up it one day. Have you ever been up the Sky Tower?

    Keep up the awesome work. I will talk to you more in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.