Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey| Forest Life

LI: To tell if we want to go to Tāne Mahuta and why. This week for day 2, activity 1 of week 1, we told people if we wanted to go to Tāne Mahuta and why. This activity was worth 4 points. I had a lot of fun doing activity 1 of day 2.


I want to go to Tāne Mahuta, because it would be a huge experience for me. The tree looks really nice and ordinary, which is a good thing. I really want to see the tree in real life. I want to know if the tree nearly takes up the area. That is why I want to go to Tāne Mahuta.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sakina,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to check out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs.

    I think visiting Tane Mahuta would be a great experience for anyone who wants to! I grew up in Northland a hour or two away from Tane Mahuta and I still haven’t seen Tane Mahuta! Did you know that Tane Mahuta is under threat? Have you heard of Kauri Dieback Disease before? That is what Tane Mahuta is getting sick from. But there are ways to minimise it by cleaning your shoes before you walk around Kauri as the disease hides in the dirt and your shoes could hold dirt. If you wanted to find out more about Kauri Dieback Disease you can have a look here: https://www.kauridieback.co.nz/what-is-kauri-dieback/

    I look forward to reading more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sakina! I really enjoyed reading why you would visit Tane Mahuta yourself. I'd like to take the trip because I would love to get outside and it would just be an amazing experience. Have you ever heard of any other giant things? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.