Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey|Pancakes & Maple Syrup?

LI: To write the recipe of your favourite food. This week for day 4, activity 2 of week 1 of Summer Learning Journey, we had to write the recipe of our favourite food. My favourite food is waffles with chocolate syrup and ice cream. This activity was worth 4 points. For this activity I enjoyed it, because I could tell everyone my favourite food and the recipe to it.

Ingredients: 
2 cups of all-purpose flour            2 eggs

1 teaspoon of salt                         1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

4 teaspoons of baking powder     1 1/2 cups of butter that is melted

2 tablespoons of white sugar       1 1/2 cup of warm milk

Whipped Cream                          Chocolate Syrup                         
                   
Steps:
First preheat the waffle iron to the temperature you want.

Then mix in the salt, flour, baking powder and sugar together.

In a different bowl stir the eggs.

Pour in the milk, vanilla extract and the melted butter into the bowl with the eggs.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.

Stir until its blended.

Pour your batter into the waffle iron.

Cook the waffles till it is crispy and gold.

Put the waffles onto a plate.

Add as much whipped cream and chocolate syrup as you want.

Now its ready to eat.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Sakina

    I have just had a chance to catch up on all of you blog posts. You have been hard at working completing the activities. Well done!

    Your chocolate sauce and whipped cream waffles look so yummy! I think i am going to try and make them this weekend. I will need to buy a waffle iron though. Do you have any idea where I can buy one?

    How long do I leave the waffle batter in the machine? How can I tell when they are cooked?

    I look forward to reading the rest of your advice!
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sakina! Yum, waffles sound delicious. I'd love to have this as breakfast but I usually eat pancakes with syrup instead. Your recipe sounds pretty simple and seems easy to make. How often do you have waffles? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.