Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey- Day 4, Activity 2

For this activity I had to watch a movie trailer called Whale Rider. Then I had to summaries what the movie trailer was about.

This movie is about a girl's twin brother who was about to become the next chief of the tribe but then he dies at birth. Only males could become chiefs for the tribe. The custom was changed after the girl's twin brother died and the girl was still alive. I give this movie trailer a 5 out of 5 because I really want to see what happens in the whole movie.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sakina,
    I really like your summary about the Whale Rider movie trailer. Keep up the good work :)
    - Zahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sakina. Great summary. I gave this movie a two out of five because it is a movie I wouldn't watch. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sakina
    I decided to give this movie a three out of five because I don't think I would like to watch it. Keep up the great work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sakina!
    Nice summary! Do you think that the sister that survives will become the chief?
    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Sakina,

    It is great to see that you rated the 'Whale Rider' movie a 5/5. I really hope that you are able to watch it one day soon. I really think that you would like it! It's full of drama and plenty of action to keep you entertained. I, personally, enjoyed the story that was told because it showed Paikea to be a strong girl who was capable of becoming a leader (chief) of her people. I love it when I get to see girls doing their best and realising their dreams. It really inspires me!

    I hope that you get the chance to watch the film and that you feel inspired as well :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.