Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey- Day 2 Activity 1

For day 2, activity 1 of Summer Learning Journey we had to compare the wharepuni to our own house. We had to write down 2 similarities and 2 differences to our own house and the wharepuni. We had to look at a picture of the wharepuni, so that we could see the differences and the similarities. The wharepuni doesn't really look like my house.

Similarities- The wharepuni and my house has walls and a door. 

Differences- The wharepuni has statues and my house doesn't. The wharepuni has Maori patters and my house doesn't have any Maori patterns.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sakina,
    Great that you started your activities for day 2. My house also doesn't look like a wharepuni at all, I wish it did. I would love to have some wood and Maori patterns in my home.
    Did you know that the Maori also used the wharepuni as their meeting house?
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Sakina,
    I hope you are enjoying your holidays and by now starting to think about your return to school, only 2 weeks to go.
    If you would like to continue with the activities follow this link
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one
    Dig in and keep blogging, I can wait to see your next post!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.