Thursday 26 October 2017

Kiwi Sport Recount

LI:To revise recount writing. For writing we had to write down another recount about Kiwi Sport. We had 40 minutes to write the recount down. We had to make sure we had Ideas, Structure & Language, Organization, Vocabulary, Sentence Structure, Punctuation and Spelling. For Structure & Language we had to remember the word TREE. TREE stands for Title, Reveal, Events and Ending. On the next day we had to mark Alex's and Chavda's recounts. Then we had to mark our own kiwi sport recount. When I finished marking it I added it all up. For my score I got 29. I did better than my production recount because I took time to write my recount and I didn't really add a lot of ands.

This week LS1 did Badminton in the hall with Kevin. We had to sit down on the ground and listen to what Kevin says. The first thing we did was a warm up game. The warm up game was stuck in the mud. For stuck in the mud we had 2 players that was in. The players was Matthew and Charlize. If the players tagged us we had to be in the letter t. If we wanted to be free someone had to clap their hands between our feet and touch our arm. I did free some people who said my name and some people who didn’t, but I didn’t free all of them. Stuck in the mud was a awesome warm up game.

The next thing we had to do was to get a racket and a shottie each and put it on the ground. Then we had listen to what Kevin was saying. Once we finished listening to Kevin we had to pick up the racket and put our hand that we write with. Kevin told us how to do something that starts with forward, but I forgot it. When Kevin told us we had to get the shottie and use the racket to bounce the shottie up and down. I didn’t bounce it a lot, but at least I tried. Kevin told us to sit down and put the racket and the shottie on the ground. This time we did a challenge. We had to try and bounce the shottie with the racket 10 or more times. I didn’t bounce it 10 or more times, but I bounced it 4 or 7 times.

Kevin told us to sit down again and he told us how to do another thing that started with back. Kevin showed us an example of it. When Kevin showed us an example we had to bounce the shottie again, but in the way that Kevin showed us. I tried to concentrate, but I couldn’t get it right. We did a challenge again. We had to try and bounce the ball with the racket 10 or more times. I didn’t get 10 or more bounces again. Some people got it 10 and more times.

The other thing we did was doing the back and the forward skill together. Kevin showed us an example. We then had to try the skill. This was hard for me, but I think for other people it was easy. After we had to do another challenge. The challenge was to do the forward skill and the backward skill. We had to try and bounce the shottie 10 or more times again. I didn’t get 10 or more, but some people did.

After that we had to do another skill. Kevin showed us an example. The skill that we had to do was to bounce the shottie up high, then put the racket between your legs and bounce it. This was the hardest skill yet. I didn’t know that Kevin knew how to do it. We did a challenge again. We had to bounce the shottie up high, then put the racket between your legs and bounce it. You had to try and bounce the shottie 10 or more times again. I just bounced it up hight 2 times. The last thing we had to do was to say bye to Kevin. We also had to line up and go back to LS1. For Badminton I felt really excited for trying something new that I never did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.