Monday 14 December 2020

SLJ | Week 1 | Day 2 | Activity 2

 LI: To create a piece of insect art.



Inspired by art creations by Raku Inoue we went outside and collected leaves, twigs, and other plant debris to create our own insect images. I found it quite hard to make the insect I wanted, as I didn't have the right material and colours. I enjoyed doing this activity, because I was able to use my creativity to create this insect. The insect I tried making was a beetle.

Three interesting facts about beetles: 

  • Beetles use sounds and vibrations, to communicate as they can't see well.
  • Most of the beetles live for a year.
  • Some beetles are able to glow in the dark.


2 comments:

  1. Greetings Sakina,

    As I was scrolling through your blog, I noticed this Masterpeice. Wow! this is such a good example of the activity that we are doing. I liked how detailed your art was and how cute it looked. I found it interesting that Beetles use vibrations & sounds to communicate because they cant see! WHat did you find interesting?

    Maybe next time, try to add more details about the process and why you chose this insect.

    Why do beetles only live for a year?

    Thanks, Looking forward to your reply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sakina,

    Wow! Your art looks amazing! I really liked reading your blog post today. I liked the way you have added lots of flowers in the centre as it makes the design look more attractive. I also liked the fact that you have added the interesting facts in your blog post.

    All these points make the work more effective making it clear for the reader to understand what the topic is about. I didn't know that "some beetles are able to glow in the dark". I found your blog post very knowledgeable! Do you know some types of beetles? If yes, can you name five of them?

    Keep up the great work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.