Thursday 3 December 2020

Design Technology Challenge

LI: To design and make a holiday decoration that fits the client brief.

This term, LS2 has been designing and creating Christmas felt decorations for the foyer in the school office. At the start of this term, we planned our decorations as well as the materials we needed. At some of our sessions, Mr Johnston, our client would visit and give us a brief of what he wanted for these decorations. Ms Ferguson also visited to give us information about the design technology process to help up plan our designs. Once we planned our design, we moved onto creating our decoration. 

At the end of finishing our products, we wrote an evaluation. With my products, the positives, was that I made sturdy stitches, chose colors that worked well and stitches didn't come out. The things that I need to improve on, is cleaner stitches, making the stitches the same size and using the same color cotton as my felt. My designs meet my original criteria as it was close to 10cm and it was a celebration decoration, like our client(Mr. Johnston) wanted. At first my first design was hard to make, as it was my first time, but on my next two designs it was easier as I knew what to do. Next time I would try to make smaller stitches, so its more sturdy, I would make the stitches neater and would add more stuffing into my design to have a 3D effect. 

My opinion of this challenge is that it was really fun and I enjoyed it, as I learnt how to sew two different ways and used my creativity to create these designs. I found, that it's an easy process of making these decoration, and would definitely do this again. I am proud of my designs, as I worked hard to create it. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sakina I love your christmas decorations they are awesome I wish I knew how to make them. Sadly I don't. I love how you did some writing at the bottom I understand you clearly great job keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.