Tuesday 15 December 2020

SLJ | Week 1 | Day 3 | Activity 1

LI: To create a kowhaiwhai pattern. 

 

We created a kowhaiwhai representing something. Tanenore is the personification of shimmering air, because he performs a haka to Hine-raumati, his mother. A wiriwiri is a part of the haka, which represents shimmering heat. The yellow swirl on my art, represents Tanerore, the other red swirl represents Hine-raumati and the swirls on the outside represent the shimmering air/and or heat. I enjoyed this activity as I was able to use my drawing skills to create these kowhaiwhai patterns.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sakina,

    Wow, what an awesome kowhaiwhai! I have loved reading your explanation of what each aspect represents. I think you did a great job.

    You definitely have great drawing skills. Do you draw often? I find drawing so fun.

    I look forward to seeing what else you create!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte (SLJ Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Alaikum Sakina!
    I really love your kowhaiwhai pattern! Maybe you can check my one out as well. The kowhaiwhai pattern is a very nice one and I think that what it represents is very meaningful and shows that you carefully listened to the activity. It is great that you enjoyed this activity. I also enjoyed this activity! What else would you like to create a kowhaiwhai pattern on and why?

    Great Job!

    Farzana

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.