Thursday 23 November 2017

Athletics Day

Today Panmure Bridge School had Athletics Day. Athletics day is when we try different kind of games or skills. Whenever it is Athletics day we can wear mufti. Mufti is when you can any clothes. Each year group had to do some skills and games. We couldn't get to play all the games and the skills. There was 9 games or skills to do. My favourite games and skills was rob the nest, softball and shot put, long jump and the bean bag game. For rob the nest we had to try and get ball from around the hall. In team yellow I had Matthew, Alice and Elenora. 1 person in our team had to be the tagger. The tagger had to tag other people that is not in the same team. We had to put the balls in our hoop. When we finished we had to count how many balls we had. We had 21 balls. I wasn't really good at some of the games. For softball and shot put we had to throw the ball into one of the hoops. 1 of the hoops was worth 5 point, the other hoop was worth 10 points and the far hoop was worth 20 points. All together we got 185 points. We supported each other so that we could try and win. For long jump we had to jump as far as we could. In my team I jumped the furthest. For the bean bag game we had to lie on our stomach and when a tamaki boy clapped we had to run and get a bean bag. I had a lot of fun doing skills and games. We had to do lots of games or skills. For 1 of the stations there was rest or dance. When we finished doing the skills and games we had lunch. After lunch we did sprints. Each class had to sit down and cheer for the students who was racing. The race started from youngest to oldest. When it was the year 5's turn I was so nervous. Mr. Johnston had to say take your marks, get set, clap. He didn't say clap but he clapped with something else. When I ran I wasted all my energy to run as fast as I could. When we got to the finish line we got a rod to see who came 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The rods was blue, green and red. Victoria came 1st, I came 2nd and Sandra came 3rd. It was so fun doing Athletics and trying new skills and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.