Wednesday 22 July 2020

10-5-7-10-10 Writing

Rock Climbing Experience

resource image

It was our first day of our vacation in Las Vegas. Early in the morning, at 5:00 o'clock I was eager to rock climb a famous mountain called Mount Dew. Ever since I was 3 I had always had a hobby for rock climbing. I forcefully woke up my friends, Chloe and Kim and dragged them by their wrist, into the car. It was a long and exhausting ride to Mount Dew, since I was the one driving. As we arrived at Mount Dew, I was fascinated by the height of the mountain. Both Chloe and Kim were very tired and angry for waking them up this early. We wore our rock climbing gear and started to climb this amazing mountain. As we rock climbed this tall cliffy mountain, I could already see the wonderful view of the sunrise. My eyes were focused on the breathtaking sunrise of a range of red, yellow and orange hues, which had beautifully blended in together creating a gradient colour. As I was rock climbing, my muscles started to tense as  I held a grip. I couldn’t imagine how beautiful the view from Mount Dew was. The sun appeared onto my fingers, as I was climbing. Only halfway through rock climbing I felt my sweat dripping through my face. After a few hours, Chloe, Kim and I were exhausted, as my heart beated, with sweat all over my face. We had finally reached the top of the mountain, when I was astonished by the view. All the rock climbing was worth the view. After a while, Chloe, Kim and I climbed down and drove back to our hotel. This was the best journey!

LI: To use 10-5-7-10-10  to write creatively.

This week in Writing, we used the 5-7-10 method to write a creative story, but this time we changed the method into 10-5-7-10-10. We added an extra 20 minutes, 10 minutes to plan and the other 10 to draft. My story is about three friends who go on a journey to Mount Dew to rock climb. They get amazed by the spectacular view. This method was easier to use, because there was time to plan, so we could have ideas on what to write for our story. I really enjoyed writing this story, using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.