Sunday 19 July 2020

5 - 7 - 10 Writing

                                     resource image

Lightning Never Strikes Twice

My family, friends and I, had just arrived in San Francisco for our Summer holiday vacation. It was a cold night, when my two friends, Cassidy, Christy and I decided to explore the area. We were already 2 kilometres away from our hotel. A big storm had just occurred, when we could see a windmill nearby. Boom! Lighting started striking, as my friends and I raced our hearts out to the windmill, because it was the only shelter nearby and we heard that we could get electrically shocked by the harsh lightning. It was as if lightning struck twice at the same moment. I couldn’t believe my eyes, when I saw the huge lightning.


 The lightning was nothing that I have seen before. Cassidy, Christy and I quickly crouched inside, huddling together, next to a pile of dusty sacks in the base of the windmill, because it seemed like a stable structure. We were terrified as we could hear the loud bangs of the lighting striking towards the ground. I could feel my heart beating repeatedly.

 After being in the uncomfortable windmill for a while, in relief we suddenly stopped hearing the loud bangs of the lightning. Even though I was terrified, I went outside and in relief, the storm had ended. Both Cassidy and Christy came out of the windmill and were so relieved. We all ran back to our hotel and were so glad that we safely got back. It was a miracle that my friends and I didn’t get struck by the crude lightning.


LI: To use the 5-7-10 method to write creatively.

This week in Writing we used the  5 - 7 - 10 method to write a creative story. This story is about a few friends who arrive in San Fransico, and explore the area. Harsh lightning suddenly occurs, so they run to the windmill, since its the nearest shelter. For the 5-7-10 method, we first wrote our story for 5 minutes, we talked to a partner for 7 minutes each and wrote the rest of our story for 10 minutes. I really enjoyed writing this story, as a start of term 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.