Thursday 20 August 2020

Research Challenges | Marry Anning

LI: To use smart searching skills to find out about a scientist from the past who made an important contribution to their field of science.


This week in reading, we studied a scientist from each branch (physics, chemistry, biology, geology). From the geology branch I decided to study Mary Anning. In this DLO I included, her biography, discoveries and facts. Something I found interesting about Mary was that she nearly died as a baby, from nearly being struck by lightning. I really enjoyed researching about Mary Anning.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sakina
    Your DLO about Mary Anning was really interesting. I like how you included her child hood and the role her Father played in her interest in Fossils. It is interesting that she nearly died as a baby and also that her sister died in a house fire. I think she was a very clever and resilient Woman.
    Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sakina,
    I really liked the layout of your DLO, the colours complemented each other and you had just the right amount of images to text.
    It was interesting finding out about Mary Anning and her contribution to geology.
    Who do you think you will research next?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.