Thursday 28 May 2020

Ancestor Poem

LI: To write a poem to describe your ancestors using the literary devices of alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphor, simile, hyperbole and rhyme.



Our ancestors from our cultures have inherited special treasures through many generations, in which we should be very grateful about. This week for writing, we wrote a poem to express our cultures and ancestors to others. These poems included literary devices, making it more poetic. An example of a metaphor in my poem is “ They are a shooting star that have helped me succeed “. While writing this poem, it reminded me of the knowledge and treasures our ancestors have given us. This poem has given me a better connection with both my ancestors and culture.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sakina!
    I really liked to read your blog post today! You have written an awesome poem. Your poem depicts your culture and ancestors in a very creative way. I lived in an Islamic country too and I really respected and loved the culture. The way they kept there fasts on Ramadan and the way they pray to the Allah in the mosques is really very beautiful. What new did you come to know about your culture after writing this poem? Next time try to keep the font of the poem big so it is readable even without zooming. I am looking forward to read your blogs!
    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.