Tuesday 6 March 2018

Rounding up Numbers


LI: To learn how to round up numbers. This week for maths we had to make a DLO that shows how to solve equations by rounding them up. We could do a google draw or a google slide. I decided to do a google slide. For each slide I did 3, but for the last one I had to do a slide for it alone. The equations were on the board. My group and I had to round up 10 equations. Here is a example of how to do this strategy. For example if my equation was 9 + 4 I would first make a tidy 10 with the 9, so 9 + 1 = 10. Then I would takeaway 4 and 1, so 4 - 1 = 3. Now I add 10 and 4 together, so 10 + 3 = 13. The answer to 9 + 4 is 13. I had a lot of fun using this strategy to answer equations. It was really easy using this strategy to find the answer to equations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.