Tuesday 10 September 2019

Let Me Tell You About...

LI: To understand more about using commas. This week in writing, we learnt more about commas, by writing about our favorite cultural celebration including commas. My cultural celebration is Eid. We first wrote for 5 minutes, then shared it with a buddy for 7 minutes and wrote for another 20 minutes. 

Let me tell you about my favorite cultural celebration, Eid. Eid is celebrated on Monday, 3rd of June. Every year, when it’s Eid I always wake up early and get dressed quickly to go to the mosque. As soon as I see my parents I say,” Eid Mubarak”. When we arrive at the mosque, I quickly greet my relatives and talk to them for a while, until we start praying. After we pray, I rush to the table of food. On the table of food, there are biscuits, chocolate, juice, muffins and many more.

Once the mosque finishes, we all go around to different people’s houses. My favorite part of going to their house is the desserts they provide. I get full, but still, eat. My favorite dessert, when I celebrated Eid this year, was the honey cake and the cupcakes my sister made. At my relatives houses, I talk to them and tell jokes and riddles to them. I have a lot of fun celebrating Eid with my relatives.
After, we go to their houses, we come home and eat. Sometimes we go out and eat at restaurants. My family and relatives give me presents and money, because it is a tradition. My most favorite part of Eid is enjoying my time with my family and earning all these presents and money. In the end, we enjoy our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.