Friday 6 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey-New Language

For this activity I had to assume I was standing in a airport of a foreign country and I had to figure out how to talk with people in a new language.I also had to write a poem on how I would be.

Learning new languages is harder than I thought
 I went out to get a dictionary to learn
           It’s hard to pronounce
    But I know I have to communicate
          Went out to get some fresh air
And started wondering how I even got here      

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Sakina!

    This is a great poem, you must have excellent teachers. I think other languages are hard to learn too, but if you are just travelling you can usually get away with just learning hello and thank-you, and maybe the word for toilet haha! At least that is how I have managed. We are lucky because we speak English. It is known as "The second language of the world" which is pretty accurate.

    I hope you're enjoying the programme and your holidays.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Sakina,

    This is a really good poem you've written for us Sakina, I am super impressed! Have you ever been to a foreign country where you didn't know the language? If you have, how did you feel? Were you scared, or were you excited?

    Whenever I have been overseas, what I've noticed is that as long as you are friendly, polite and most importantly - willing to give their language a go, most people are pretty helpful and willing to help you out if you're a little bit lost or confused :-)

    I hope to see you back blogging soon with us Sakina, your learning journey sounds like a lot of fun!

    Until next time,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.