Wednesday 3 June 2020

Cityscape of Kabul

LI: To write a description of my cityscape using prepositions


This is my cityscape of Kabul. In the middle of my cityscape is Kabul Tower, which is the most prominent building. The Kabul Tower is the tallest building in Afghanistan and is 18 stories high. It cost about 773.9 million dollars, and took 2 years to build. To the right in this cityscape is Eidgah Great Mosque. Did you know that about 1 million people pray there for Eid? The buildings in front of Kabul stand out brightly. Not many people know that every year 20,000 people visit Kabul. To the left of this cityscape is Tajbeg Palace, which is home to the royal family. 

For my cityscape I decided to create a warm colored background, consisting with the colors of red, yellow and orange to make a sunset. For my background I used chalk pastels, which helped me blend in my colors together. I used white to make my background a bit lighter. My cityscape includes a reflection from the water, making it look more detailed.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sakina,

    Great piece of artwork you have there! I really enjoyed reading your blurb and how it informed me about what your artwork was about. I also liked how you used prepositions like middle, prominent, left and right. I found it really interesting how 1 million people go to pray there for Eid. I also liked the colour you decided to use for this picture, it's really eye-catching. For my artwork I chose to do cool colours and the cityscape of Sydney. I also had a question, why did you choose to make a cityscape about Kabul?

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.