Tuesday 19 June 2018

Maori- Making a fish


This week for Maori we had Whaia Odie. First Whaia Odie read a book to us which was about the taniwha. Once Whai Odie read us the book she put places on the board, so that we could write it down the places on google maps. The palaces that we had to write down on google maps was Petone, Matiu Island and Te awa- kairangi and Whanganui- a- Tara.  Once we did that we had to watch a video about how to make a fish using paper. I struggled to make it, so Whaia Odie helped me make it. My one failed, so Mr. Ogilvie helped me make one for me. The one at the very top is Mr. Ogilvies and the one that is at the bottom was mine. Even though I failed I still had fun trying to make it. The maori name for fish is raranga. Here is the link to the video- Raranga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.