Tuesday 19 November 2019

Shoes Story | Personification



Shoe Personification Story
After waking up from a long nap, it was time for me to get to work. I could smell the stench coming from her feet as she stepped into me. I could feel my whole body getting compressed by her feet. Ohh ! I was so glad that it didn’t start raining. If it did rain my perfectly styled hair would get wet and it would be all messy. As I was walking, I could see many shoes all dirty and scruffy. I felt like I was the only perfect and clean pair of shoes, but then I saw my worst nightmare, a muddy puddle. I was doomed, as my owner stepped into the puddle. I held my breath tightly as well as my mouth. When I opened my eyes in relief, gasping for air, I saw my whole body covered in mud. I guess my owner doesn’t really care about me. As my owner stared down at me, I gave her a dirty evil look. She gasped as she saw how dirty I was, but it was too late. If only she used those two eyeballs in her head then I would still be looking perfectly fine. I could still feel mud stuck in my teeth. I was still mad at my owner after a long day of work. Finally, she took me off as I was tossed into the washing machine. I started dancing with the bubbles. After a long shower I felt fresh and clean. I felt dizzy as I came out of the machine, but I could finally relax after a hard day of work.

This week in writing, we learnt about personification. Personification is giving non living things human abilities. To understand more about personification, in partners we wrote short personification sentences about shoes. We pretended that we were the shoes. For this activity our challenge was to not talk to each other while writing and turning back to back. As Haylee and I were writing, we thought about personification and the 5 senses, which are feel, taste, look, hear and smell, to help us. We also thought about the shoes perspective. Haylee and I did a great job writing this story without talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.