Wednesday 31 October 2018

Boxing

This week for boxing we had Pax. First we went over the three commandments, which is respect, discipline and safety. Respect is I will respect my coach, equipment and peers, discipline is I will show up to every kiwi sport and give my 100% and safety is I will not hurt others and I will practise boxing with safety. Then we had to put on the gloves under 90 seconds. This time we all wore the gloves under 90 seconds. After that we got into a circle and did the two punches we learnt from last week, the jab and the cross. We did each 10 times. Once we did that we learnt how to walk forward and back in our rock position. To walk forward you have to take a step forward with your left foot, then your right foot. The same with the back, but the opposite way. After that we got into partners. My partner was Sulia. Then we learnt how to do the hook and the uppercut. To do the hook you have to get into your rock position. Then you have to twist your body and you also have to twist your foot. After that you have to punch 90 degrees sideways. For the uppercut you have to twist your body and twist your leg. Instead of punching sideways you have to punch up. Once we learnt the hook and the uppercut we practised a few time. We then did combinations. This was hard for me because we had to do it fast. After that we said goodbye to Pax and went back to class.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.